Unic No.6 Table Lamp

Discussion in 'UNIC-LUMIÈRE' started by Conny C, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

This is a Unic No. 6 gasoline 400CP swan neck table lamp, made by G. Haupois Paris.
    The Unic lamps are a bit tricky to identify due to the lack of useful information about this firm. To my knowledge there are only a couple brochures known and I believe this lamp earlier has been referred to as the Unic No.3. In a Unic brochure used earlier the lamp number for this lamp was a bit vague and the 6 had been mistaken for 3. When another brochure recently turned up we could see numbered images of the whole line of the Unic production. This was more or less the only info given so many questions remains and a few new arises about this French manufacturer.

The production year is difficult to say, the design is equal to lamps made in France from 20/30th century and we know from info that Haupois still was in business into the 50/60ies.

This lamp could be been seen with both the plain polished brass tank as well as an embossed tank with a grape wine design. There were also a number of options design wise of handle decoration and brass leafs.
    The lamp uses the Unic No.2 burner head, and has three air intake tubes and a brass loop generator with coil ends. The black and white image of burner parts comes from Neil (and besides burner parts it also shows two different deigns of the brass generator loop, with and witout coil ends).
    1292195059-Unic_6_opposite_side1.jpg 1292195087-Unic_No._6.jpg 1292195202-Unic_6_manometre.jpg 1292195215-Unic_6_burner_generator_coil.jpg 1292195240-__Unic_burner1_grey.jpg 1292195273-Unic_broschure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. pete sav

pete sav Founder Member

Really nice looking lamps the lilor\unic ones you have posted conny nice to see them here

pete

3. Conny C

Pete, I agree they’re nice. As fairly new to this pressure lamp game I decided to narrow down the “collecting field” to the French lamps at first hand. I’m also into some self pressure vapour lamps and my collecting background - (I know this word to Neil is like to swear in church) – is as a "wickie".

/Conny

4. pete sav

pete sav Founder Member

Hi Conny its up to you what you collect other peoples views dont matter, you made a great choice with these french lamps i like them a great deal. I only have lamps from the uk here really they are what appeal to me so i dont do european\american stuff tho i have had some over the years they did not have that lasting appeal for me

cheers pete

5. Conny C

Well……Pete, design wise you have the Blanchard lamps in UK, don’t need to say any more…! Fantastic lamps! A Tilley WL25 is on my “want list”. I saw you had posted a nickel plated/chromed WL25, nice, I’ve never seen any with that finish before.

/Conny