1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading weirdness

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Problems' started by Tony Press, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    For some reason, CPL is not letting me upload multiple photographs using the upload button at the bottom of the dialogue box.

1. On my Apple computer I can drag multiple photos in, but if I use the upload button I can only upload one file. I get this message:

IMG_3221.jpg

2. I get this same message on my iPhone and iPad.

3. I've logged out simultaneously on all my devices, but it still happens.

4. Everything is "normal" at CCS.

Cheers

Tony

2. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

@Tony Press

Hi Tony

I have just tried uploading 10 jpg files from my iMac and I had no problems.
    Also, all my images were all larger than 1200 pixels by 1200 pixels.

Something else that is strange. On CCS the maximum number of pixels allowed was 20,000,000 and then was increased to 30,000,000.
    I presume that the maximum number of pixels on CPL will be the same or similar.
    However your maximum message says 1200 by 1200 which is only 1,440,000 pixels.

Your image looks to be from your iPad, but I don't have an iPad so I can't repeat your process.

Maybe other members can supply more information.

Trevor

3. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

Ross has already been alerted.
    We'll see what he has to say.

The way the upload function looks is very different depending on which browser (or device) you use.
    I prefer Explorer from this point of view since you get directly to the file manager, and don't have to go the extra step via the box you see in Tony's screenshot above.
    (That one also appear with Google Chrome.)
    If you intend to upload multiple files, it's often better to just simply drag and drop the files directly from your computers own file manager opened in a separate window.
    It's very convenient. Just to drag all files you want to upload directly into the text box.

Phones and tablets are always more fiddly. It's better to use a real computer, but I know many people has come to use these devices for everything.

4. spiritburner

spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

This feature is functioning a little different than CCS & I can't remember why at the moment as the settings are the same for the uploader. i'm going to upgrade CPL to the latest forum version in the next day or so which has some changes around this so may help.

Also the 1200 x 1200 @shagratork mentions is a little misleading on the pop-up - that's what they become once uploaded. They can be bigger when uploaded.

5. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Thanks for looking into this.

1. The screen shot is from my iPhone; but the message is exactly the same on my Apple desktop (and my iPad).

2. I use Google as the browser on all my devices.

3. I'm happy to "drag" on my computer, but when I'm travelling (which I do a lot), it's not very efficient to have to upload one photo at a time here on CCS (isn't it funny how quickly we re-set our expectation? Remember what we had to do before the last upgrade?).

Thanks again.

Tony