My journey with Veritas lanterns has been a strange one. If it'd been left to me, I wouldn't have bothered with any Falk products, such was their dire reputation, but a mate in the US was buying various Veritas lanterns for me to check over, fettle and ship to the States. This is how I first came by a Superb and realised they were pretty good! Unfortunately when he bought himself a 350 the fount turned out to be toast - it had a split (not a crack) roughly 2 inches long, wide enough to put your fingernail into! It also had a broken frame rod (where the hood catch attaches to) and a missing bail! As it was pointless sending junk halfway round the world, he told me to keep it in case it was useful. Since then I've been sent a replacement fount which I polished up and added to the project. Over the last few days I've added a new jet, made a new frame rod and a pricker rod lock-nut which was tiny and very fiddly. Having finished all that I cleaned it up a bit. The homemade frame rod is made of aluminum, (not ideal but it's all I have right now) which is attached with 3mm machine screws top and bottom. The hood catch was also fastened in place with the same screws. The top screw had to be ground down to allow the hood to rest on the frame properly. The bottom screw was left as it was to allow me to lock it into position. I had to make the missing pricker rod lock-nut from a brass electrical fitting with the right thread. What a palaver! The pricker wire is intact thank goodness! You can see it poking through the jet. The pump assembly needed some TLC as well! That's about as far as I can go for now as the burner needs some brass mesh in the flame spreader and a completely new NRV.