Veritas P350

Discussion in 'Veritas' started by Dutch_Peter, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Dutch_Peter

Coming from CCS, usually busy with stoves, I've bought my first pressure lamp! I am eager to find out what the make and type is, but the only text on the lamp is "close -> " on the black regulator screw. (The glass is branded "Jenaer Suprax Glas", though). I've been browsing through the reference gallery; the regulator screw and the tank cap seem to resemble AGM or maybe Coleman.

Does anyone know the manufacturer, type and era of this lamp?

Thanks in advance for solving this mystery !!

Cheers,
    Peter

1380048971-001.jpg

1380048988-002.jpg 1380048998-003.jpg 1380049010-004.jpg 1380049022-005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Claus C

Nice lamp O:)

Claus C

3. Dutch_Peter

Hi Claus,

Well, that's fast and spot on it seems !! A Veritas P350 on Petrol. Only light outside then :D 8) Good to read that it's a good perfomer!! I'll try and light this big bulky "beast" :D/ one of these days.

Thnx again,
    Peter

4. Claus C

Thanks Peter. I like this vislamp/druklamp a lot and it is so easy to use that I often choose this for an evning on the porch.
    I was told only to use "wasbenzine" not normal benzine for a car. If you use this wasbenzine, then it does not smell at all.
    And wellcome by the way :D/

Claus C

5. Dutch_Peter

Hi Claus,
    Thnx for the welcome and good to hear that it's a good user !! I'm well known with "wasbenzine", because it's sold for 1.35 Euro / Liter at the supermarket here :D 8) and had some stoves (Phoebus 625, Optimus 22B) make me dinner on it. Whilst I still have your attention :D 8) , do you have any tips or other advice with regards to this lamp? I've read to use a big mantle for this lamp.

Thnx, Peter

6. Claus C

That is cheap benzine you got there - same price as normal gasoline :thumbup: .
    I did read about putting on a larger mantle, but I just use a normal 350 cp mantle and it works fine. Your lamp looks as it will clean up nice. I guess it is a iron hood you have and a brass-fount. Judging by your name I believe it is a former army-lamp.
    You know about the stoves and its the same here, clean the fount inside, make sure needle and vapourizer is clean and it will burn forever. :content:
    The pressure dont have to be as high as kerosene-lamps.

Claus C.

7. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello Peter and welcome aboard! :thumbup: