Veritas Superb wreck...here we go!

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Alex74, Mar 19, 2021.

1. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

Definitely looking forward to seeing it fettled and working again.

2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Well if he does and grants you three wishes, for the first ask him to fettle the bliddy lamp... :lol:

3. Alex74

Alex74 United Kingdom Subscriber

Just seen these last replies. Now in September and she’s still in a box all in bits. :-({|= The Victorian wick lamp collection has distracted me from pressure lamp fettling duties. I’m currently fettling an E. Miller Juno wick lamp from 1895. Got it as a wreck from France. Obviously not going to post it here as it’s the wrong forum. I find that the autumn and winter months are best to fettle pressure lanterns for me. The bad weather discourages any weekends away, and it’s dark by 5 pm which invites using lanterns in the garden!

Also the collection is growing too much. It now counts 10 fettled pressure lanterns plus the Veritas in the loft and 34 (!) Victorian oil lamps in the studio and sitting room. :shock:

4. podbros

podbros United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Alex
    Post the wick lamps in the open forum on here.. i for one would enjoy looking at them :thumbup:

I don’t know much about lamps in general and even less about the early ones..

They are still being manufactured and Stuga-Cabana have some very modern looking ones :)

5. Alex74

Alex74 United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Podbros,

Just done that. Posted a couple of photos on there. :mrgreen: