Harpic Power Plus Max 10

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by ColinG, Apr 27, 2020.

1. AussiePete

AussiePete Australia Subscriber

@plantpot
    Sung to Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire”

“and it burns burns burns, my ring’s on fire .......”

2. Jean J

Jean J Subscriber

Poundstretcher is out of bounds for me just now during lockdown but I’m certainly going to try it later on some 20 or so vapourisers which have the cleaning wires stuck solid with rust or gunk. Probably by the time I get out the offer will be off.

3. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

Next time we go I'll pick up a couple of bottles for you, Jean.

4. Fireexit1

Fireexit1 United Kingdom Subscriber

I just tried this on a recently acquired, good but "fluffy" Optimus 350. Wow - blown away ! All the crud/staining/various oxides fell away within seconds. I did remove the aluminium badge and avoided the enamel top following advice on this board. It's not often a product/tip comes along and works this well. Thanks.
    And to top it all ASDA have it on special for £1 in the UK...

5. Emiel

Emiel Netherlands Subscriber

I tried it as well on a crusty tilley 246b fount. Applied it gently with a toothbrush. Within seconds the speculum started to seperate from the brass fount. So be careful with this stuff.

6. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Theres much horsesh!t written about cleaning lamps and lanterns.

My advice is:

1. Relax... Take some time (more than 20 seconds) to look at the very good information posted here and at CCS about doing this stuff. Do not ask a question; look for the answer and if you do not understand, then ask a question.

2. Respect the elders... They have been doing this longer than I have...

Cheers

Tony

7. Gareth Shepherd

Gareth Shepherd United Kingdom Subscriber

Interesting reading, I'll keep an eye out for some of this :thumbup::clap:

8. podbros

podbros United Kingdom Subscriber

It's also good for cleaning ovens Toilets, but be careful if using near Chrome or Aluminium as it will mark or discolour Very quickly ; as @Emiel pointed out...Use With Care!

I was helping my cousins clear their Uncle and Aunties bungalow recently and someone had emptied a similar cleaning product into a kitchen sink but hadn't rinsed it thoroughly enough...

When i came in the next day the stainless sink was sparkling, but the mixer tap was permanently discoloured...made of some sort of Aluminium alloy with Chrome...

If you read the labels on any cleaning product, they will tell you what you can and cannot do with it, and also what can happen if you do![-X

When some cleaning products are mixed with bleach they give off Chlorine gas!!! :shock:..=;

9. Alex74

Alex74 United Kingdom Subscriber

Why not try ‘give it one shot’ drain cleaner? That’s 98% sulphuric...just don’t blame me if the lantern disappears......

10. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

The thing about Harpic Max X10 is you need ti be careful and test it on something first. It's no good on enamel, it eats into the surface really quickly, but on brass its almost an instant fix for heavy corrosion, but its best to do it close to the sink so you can wash it off quickly!