Ozarkchef Mc Graw Edison Model 681004

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Motoshi Makino, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Easy job. I just cut a 6mm thread on a Schrader valve which will fit into the pump cap. Couple of nuts and washers with a rubber seal and job done. Took me about half an hour most of which was hunting for the dies and nuts. All you need to do is remove the pump rod and handle and insert the schrader valve with a rubber washer on the inside. Fit a seal to the pump cap and you will be good to go. PM me with an address and it will be on the way. ::Neil::

2. stormie4me

neil;again thanks so much;i sure do appreciate the help;how can i ever repay you for it ;i am honored to have a friend as you ;even thou we live in different parts of the world; if you want me to cover the shipping that would be great or maybe you would like a akron lantern a model 103 or would you prefer the bucket that comes with the mc;Graw combo'my home address is
    dean borland
    1507 west nichols street
    springfield mo.65802 again thanks so much my friend; dean its going to be great to have this thing fire up and even the stove;i treated myselve for fathers day and for a buy now at 50 bucks i now have another kerosene lantern a wenzel as i see it it might had been fired up at least one time and its as clean as new it came with the reflector also what a deal ;im hooked on these kerosene type' im trying to thin the hard of my coleman lamps and ;lanterns to make room for a few moreif theres any one you might want i would give you a good deal :lol: ;again thank you so much ; dean

3. Mackburner

Cost you just the mail. The valves I get for free from the local tyre depot and a few minutes of my time is of no account. I will get back to you on the cost. In the meantime here is what I did and how it fits. I have not tried it so I don't know how good the valve is but you can easily replace the inner valve bit if you have to. ::Neil::

1371597853-__McGraw_Eddison_Schrader_Valve_for_filler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  4. stormie4me

thanks again neil and for sure let me know the cost ;once it arrives i will let you know how it goes ' dean

5. Mackburner

Cost me £3.50 call it $6.

For future reference Check out the Ace website and search for Taps and Dies. They do a couple of cheap sets for around $12.95. They won't be top quality but for cutting threads in brass like this they will be OK. Handy to have for this type of fettle and not expensive. ::Neil::

6. stormie4me

neil;thanks for the shipping cost ;i will send it thru pay pal if thats fine with you plus i will need your e-mail addy to beable to send the funds ;its been a while we have done any transcations thur pay pal and it seems it dont have your address ;get back with me when you can;i will check the ace hardware and yep they would come in handy;have a great day and again thanks so much ;dean

7. stormie4me

neil ;i was able to find your address and the funds were sent a little extra for your help ;thanks so much i sure do appreciate your help with this item;once the part arrives for sure i will let you know how it works ; :lol: dean

8. Mackburner

Mailed Wednesday so due soon. The whole point of this was to get a picture on here with it running so many thanks for the cash but my real reward will be an action shot. ::Neil::

9. stormie4me

neil again thanks so much and your quite welcome i wished i could had gave you a little more for the nice thing you did and i sure do appreciate it ;and yes once it arrives and i get it to fires up a few pictures will be taken ; :lol: least now it wont be just a shelve queen well after a one time lite it will be ; :D/ again thanks so much; dean

10. stormie4me

neil'wanted to let you know the parts for the mcGraw arrived to day ;im not sure if i will get the time to lite it but once i do for sure i will send a few pictures 'again my friend thank you so much'its so nice to have a kind man do something to help another collector ;if theres any thing i can do for you 'please let me know ; dean

11. Mackburner

Dean make sure you check that valve before you fire it up. That valve has been floating around in my stuff for maybe 15 years and I have no idea how well it holds. No big deal because you can always change the core if it fails. ::Neil::

12. stormie4me

neil the valve works great i tried to down load a few pictures but some thing is wrong it would open to show the pictures to down load or attach i sent the pictures to your e-mail thinking you might beable to show them ;again it works great even the stove part ;thanks my friend i really appreciate what you did ;dean